Welcome to the 2017 innovate Ghana High School Challenge!
This year we are looking for innovations that solve an every day challenge or community challenge using STEM / STEAM– science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics. Proposed areas include, but are not limited to
• Pollution (Air, noise, environmental)
• Waste management
• Water and Sanitation
1st Round Competition is open from April 15 - July 7, 2017
2nd Round / STEM Camp will take place from August 1 - 11, 2017
To be considered for the challenge, participants must comply with the following:
- The competition will be open to high school students or and recent high school graduates
- Teams: Students can form groups of no more than 3
- Attendance: Students will be required to stay on-campus for the 2-week workshop. Parental consent is required for all students under the age of 18.
- Originality: Originality is encouraged however teams may choose to build on existing products. Such submissions must be unique and offer relevant improvements elements of the original design. All existing product designs must be sited (Designer, Year). Participants found plagiarizing will be dismissed.
- Outputs: At the end of the challenge, each team must submit the following outputs
- Video-taped presentation of the team’s pitch
- Powerpoint Presentation
- Prototype – using software, or physical models
How do I Apply?
1. Fill in the application form by clicking on the Apply button the top right corner on this page or
2. Send a 3-min or less video of your innovation or concept to firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us
- Your name, age and high school
- Name of your idea or concept and problem it intends to solve
- How it works and why it is innovative